SCHAFNER POINT LIGHTHOUSE
Owned by the Port Royal LIghthouse Association
For local tourist information, go to Port Royal Events
Schafner Point Lighthouse c. 2001
On the right is the monument to local fishermen lost at sea.
SCHAFNER POINT - Light Details
- Location: On point, near Port Royal, west side of river
- Standing: This light is still standing.
- Operating: This light is operational
- Automated: All operating lights in Nova Scotia are automated.
- Date Automated: Automated by 1993
- Began: 1885
- Year Lit: 1885
- Structure Type: Tapered square wood tower, white, red lantern
- Light Characteristic: Fixed White (1941)
- Tower Height: 043ft feet high.
- Light Height: 055ft feet above water level.
- Heritage status: Federal - HLPA
- Divested to: Annapolis Heritage Society
History Items for This Lighthouse
1922 - 1941 - 7th order dioptric lens