SCHAFNER POINT LIGHTHOUSE
Schafner Point Lighthouse c. 2001
On the right is the monument to local fishermen lost at sea.
SCHAFNER POINT - Light Details
- Location: On point, near Port Royal, west side of river
- Standing: This light is still standing.
- Operating: This light is operational
- Automated: All operating lights in Nova Scotia are automated.
- Date Automated: Automated by 1993
- Began: 1885
- Year Lit: 1885
- Structure Type: Tapered square wood tower, white, red lantern
- Light Characteristic: Fixed White (1941)
- Tower Height: 043ft feet high.
- Light Height: 055ft feet above water level.
- Heritage status: Federal - HLPA
- Divested to: Annapolis Heritage Society
History Items for This Lighthouse
1922 - 1941 - 7th order dioptric lens