PORT MEDWAY LIGHTHOUSE
Owned by the Region of Queens Municipality
For local information, go to Port Medway Lighthouse Park
Photo - © Kathy Brown
Port Medway Lighthouse, 2003
Medway Area Communities Association, recipient, Craig Harding Award for Lighthouse Preservation, 2003.
PORT MEDWAY (BREAKWATER) - Light Details
- Light Type: Breakwater Light
- Location: In Lighthouse Park, Port Medway. Moved from its original location on fish company breakwater.
- Standing: This light is still standing.
- Operating: This light is no longer operating.
- Date Automated: Automated by 1967
- Decommissioned: This light has been decommissioned.
- Began: 1899
- Year Lit: 1899
- Structure Type: Tapered square wood tower, white, red lantern
- Light Characteristic: Fixed Red (1941)
- Tower Height: 033ft feet high.
- Light Height: 031ft feet above water level.
History Items for This Lighthouse
- 1922 - 1941 - 7th order dioptric lens
- 1962 - 1965 - it would appear a new breakwater built, and tower maybe moved
- Discontinued in 1990, but left standing on fish company breakwater