Pearl Island (Green Island) Lighthouse
There have been three lighthouses on Pearl Island. Light Specs have to be corrected..
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Image supplied by Paul Robison.
Photo - © Edwin Parker, The first Pearl Island Lighthouse in about 1927
Pearl Island (Green Island) Lighthouse Locator Map
PEARL ISLAND (GREEN ISLAND) - Light Details
- Location: On south point of island, entrance to Mahone Bay
- Standing: This light is still standing.
- Operating: This light is operational
- Automated: All operating lights in Nova Scotia are automated.
- Date Automated: Automated by 1963
- Began: 1874
- Year Lit: 1874
- Structure Type: Lantern, red, on roof of square wood building, white
- Light Characteristic: Occulting White (1922)
- Tower Height: 028ft feet high.
- Light Height: 059ft feet above water level.
History Items for This Lighthouse
- 1922 - 4th order dioptric lens, tower attached to dwelling, 28ft, 66ft
- 1930 - listed at 38ft, fog horn in answer to vessels
- 1960 - 1962 - listed at 38ft and 75ft, hand fog horn in answer to vessels
- 1962 - 1965 - fog horn discontinued between these dates