McNeil Beach Lighthouse
For more informaton, go to Boularderie Island Historical Society.
Photo - © Courtesy Dr. Ron Stewart, McNeil Beach Lighthouse c. 2003
McNeil Beach Lighthouse Locator Map
MCNEIL BEACH - Light Details
- Location: On eastern shore of Great Bras d'Or
- Standing: This light is still standing.
- Operating: This light is no longer operating.
- Date Automated: Automated by 1962
- Began: 1884
- Year Lit: 1884
- Structure Type: Tapered square wood tower, white
- Light Characteristic: Fixed Red (1922)
- Tower Height: 033ft feet high.
- Light Height: 031ft feet above water level.
History Items for This Lighthouse
- 1909 - alteration of some form
- 1922 - 6th order dioptric lens - 1930 - in operation
- 1955 - 1962 - discontinued between these dates
- 1990 - abandoned, still standing