Owned by the Government of Canada
For local tourist information, go to Gabarus Lighthouse .
GABARUS - Light Details
- Location: On Harbour Point, south shore of Gabarus Bay
- Standing: This light is still standing.
- Operating: This light is operational
- Automated: All operating lights in Nova Scotia are automated.
- Date Automated: Automated by 1988
- Began: 1890
- Year Lit: 1890
- Structure Type: Six-sided wood tower, white, red iron lantern
- Light Characteristic: Fixed Red (1941)
- Tower Height: 032ft feet high.
- Light Height: 047ft feet above water level.
History Items for This Lighthouse
- 1922 - 1941 - 7th order dioptric lens
- 1955 - 1962 - replaced by present tower
Gabarus Lighthouse Locator Map