Fishermans Harbour Lighthouse
Fishermans Harbour Lighthouse was a white, wooden frame structure set on a spit of gravel and rock at the entrance to the harbour. The original structure was dismantled in 2011 and replaced by a skeleton tower.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Edward M. Langille
FISHERMANS HARBOUR - Light Details
- Location: On beach, south side of harbour
- Standing: This light is no longer standing.
- Operating: This light is no longer operating.
- Date Automated: Automated by 1941
- Began: 1905
- Year Lit: 1905
- Structure Type: Tapered square wood tower, white, red lantern
- Light Characteristic: Fixed Green (1992)
History Items for This Lighthouse
- 1922 - 1941 - slightly different position listed
- 1922 - 1941 - 7th order dioptric lens, fixed red, 27ft, 25ft
- 1941 - seasonal operation (Apr - Dec) - 1973 - automated by this date
- 1984 - alteration of some form - 1990 - 1992 - electric lantern
- April, 2011: dismantled and burnt on the shore by Coast Guard. Replaced with a skeleton tower.