This old photograph shows the two lighthouses on Devils Island. The lighthouse on the left is the lost Southwest Lighthouse of which only some foundation stones remain.
Devils Island is located at the entrance to Halifax Harbour south east of McNabs Island. This island was inhabited by fisher families and had two lighthouses. The South East Lighthouse is still standing and operating, but the South West Lighthouse was demolished and all that remains is part of the foundation.
C/O Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
1675 Lower Water Street
Halifax NS, Canada B3J 1S3