Bass River Lighthouse
Location: This lighthouse is privately owned. Please take your photos from the road.
View No Ka Oi Drone Video - Bass River & Five Islands Lighthouses, Nova Scotia, Canada
BASS RIVER - Light Details
- Location: On point, west side of mouth to Bass River
- Standing: This light is still standing.
- Operating: This light is no longer operating.
- Date Automated: Automated by c. 1992
- Began: 1907
- Year Lit: 1907
- Structure Type: Tapered square wood tower, white
- Light Characteristic: Fixed White (1990)
- Tower Height: 032ft feet high.
- Light Height: 041ft feet above water level.
History Items for This Lighthouse
- 1922 - 1941 - 6th order dioptric lens, fixed red, 7m
- 1966 - moved approximately 1000ft, elevation raised from 39 - 41 feet
- 1973 - automated by this date - 1990 - 6th order dioptric lens
- 1991 - discontinued