|© Chirs Mills|
|Louisbourg Lighthouse c. 1998|
This is the third lighthouse built at Louisbourg. It was completed in 1923, a year after the second light burned. It is a white concrete octagonal tower, 55 feet high. Several modifications have been made to the characteristic of the light over time.
Contributor: Kathy Brown
Sources: Against Darkenss and Storm, Harry Thurston; Lighthouses of Nova Scotia, David E. Stephens; Historic Sites and Monuments Board Plaques.