Website Policy Approved by NSLPS Board, April 16, 2003
The NSLPS Website is dedicated to the lighthouses of Nova Scotia.
It is recognized that the NSLPS Website is used by tourists to plan trips. With this in mind, the primary purpose of this website is the promotion of the historical, cultural and technical details of Nova Scotia's lighthouses. Our mission is to provide the public with all the information, photos, stories and facts we have collected about our Nova Scotia lighthouses, their keepers and changing government lighthouse policies.
- to make the history of Nova Scotia's lighthouses widely available to the public
- to encourage and support the preservation and community ownership of Nova Scotia's lighthouses
- encourage and support lighthouse research
- to give information about NSLPS and enhance our public image
- Content of webpages shall be directly related to lighthouses, lighthouse history, lighthouse research, lighthouse preservation, lighthouse news and events, and to NSLPS.
- Where information about tourist facilities is included it shall be about facilities offered at a lighthouse site.
- Links shall be to other lighthouse related sites, usually on a reciprocal basis. However, a link may be created to an Affiliate member of NSLPS without reciprocity. A link to Nova Scotia Tourism is included in recognition of their support of the Society.
Affiliate Members and “Lighthouses to Visit” Policy
Approved by NSLPS Board, March, 2010
1. All lighthouses that can officially be visited (are in the care of a group to some extent)
are listed on the “Lighthouses to Visit” page.
2. Information about the “Lighthouses to Visit” is provided by the lighthouse groups and
NSLPS takes no responsibility for accuracy of the visitor information section.
NSLPS Affiliate Groups which operate lighthouse sites receive the following extra services:
1. NSLPS Logo on the Visitor Info Page with the words AAffiliate Member 2010"
2. A link to your own website, if you have one
3. News of public events and activities can be featured on the Home Page of the NSLPS
Website for two weeks before the date
4. Events also listed on the Visitor Info Page
If an Affiliate ceases to pay for Affiliate Membership these extra services shall cease.
Any products sold through the NSLPS site shall be approved by the NSLPS Board.